Introduction to Internet and Website Disputes
Welcome to the disputes section of the Adlex Solicitors website.
We handle a wide range of internet disputes relating to the internet often involving intellectual property rights, e.g.:
- domain name disputes and cybersquatting
- online copyright infringement
- online trade mark infringement
Please click on the links above for more information about how we can help in these kinds of cases.
Other kinds of disputes include:
- Dispute between web developer and client: Typically, the client is dissatisfied with the quality of the website or the delay in producing it and refuses to pay. The developer often retaliates by taking or keeping control of the domain name and/or website code.
- Advertising: For example, we were involved in one case where an internet advertising provider objected to the “quality” of the traffic supplied by the publisher. We also help with complaints by competitors or others to the Advertising Standards Authority concerning the content of an online advertisement.
- SEO: Complaints by SEO customers who are unhappy with the results achieved by their SEO provider and want to escape from their contracts and/or obtain compensation
Our objective is always to help clients achieve resolution of the dispute cost efficiently and without the need to go to court if at all possible.